CONGRATULATIONS! Now you have lost your weight!
But wait!! What happened to your skin? it became elastic and loose! You look good with clothes on but absolutely petrifying when you take off your shirt! Some opted for Surgical solution, however you might gain more weights while rehabilitating from surgery & it's an expensive procedure.
WHAT WENT WRONG?
1. CRASH DIET - Depriving body from a much needed nutrition. Our body is like our car, less gas can go short distance, full gas can go long distance. So do not feed your body with the less amount of calories that you'll be needed. Especially when you start working out!
2. LOSE WEIGHT TOO MUCH TOO QUICKLY - TOO much cardio would not be a good thing for you.
You can not be proud of weight that you lost from starvation diet & excessive cardio, because you not only LOST your FAT, you LOST your MUSCLE too! You might not be Fat anymore, but you're skinny fat. Skinny with Saggy skins. and do not want that!
HOW TO AVOID LOOSE SKIN?
1. DON'T LOSE WEIGHT TOO QUICKLY - Focus on certain amount of kg you want to lose in a month. Be fit is not a 1 month, or 3 months program however its a LIFESTYLE. Take your time !
2. STAY HYDRATED - Water is very important as you know its made of 60% of our body! So stay hydrated during workout and also at all times! No, water doesn't make you bloated! As we all know we need 8 glass a day however You can also figure out how much water you need to drink by taking your bodyweight in pounds and multiplying it by 0.55 to figure out how many ounces you need.If we working out we need more water to replenish!
Water is a crucial component of maintaining skin elasticity. From both food and drink, you should be taking in at least two liters of water each day. - See more at: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/health-fitness/healthy-eating/how-to-tighten-loose-skin-after-weight-loss?page=1#sthash.v4zwLa3d.dpuf
Water is a crucial component of maintaining skin elasticity. From both food and drink, you should be taking in at least two liters of water each day. - See more at: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/health-fitness/healthy-eating/how-to-tighten-loose-skin-after-weight-loss?page=1#sthash.v4zwLa3d.dpuf3. EAT PROPERLY - AVOID LIQUID DIET (solely depending on food in the form of water/shake) Remember Those are SUPPLEMENT, SUPPLEMENT means something added to complete a thing, make up for a deficiency, or extend or strengthen the whole. SO its NOT THE COMPLETE thing. You need real food! For goodness sake you need to eat like a normal human being! When you start working out, load up on Protein-high food!
4. BUILD MUSCLE - Make sure your workout program includes WEIGHT TRAINING so that you won't lose your lean Muscle.
ake sure your weight loss program includes weight lifting so that you do not lose lean muscle. - See more at: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/health-fitness/healthy-eating/how-to-tighten-loose-skin-after-weight-loss?page=1#sthash.v4zwLa3d.dpuf
HOW TO FIX LOOSE SKIN?
1. PAMPERED YOUR SKIN - Exfoliate your skins at least once every 3 days! Yeah, it might sound girly to you but it's not only remove dead skins cells but also helps stimulate blood circulation on the damaged skin area so it will get vital nutrients and oxygen. Try Skin Firming lotion, it might take a while but it will eventually give the results.
2. COLLAGEN - Try and take cream based or food based with collagen, Vitamin A, or Vitamin E
3. YOGA - Believe it or not! Yoga helpshelps your skin rebound after weight loss by keeping you toned and helping your circulation. (WE do have Yoga class 2x a week here in Xclusive Fitnesz)
4. AVOID HARSH SOAP - Skin care products that contain sodium laurel sulfate and related chemicals can actually damage your skin by drying it out.
REMEMBER! YOU WANT TO LOOK GOOD WITH OR WITHOUT YOUR CLOTHES ON!
written by Farah XF